Monday, August 23, 2010

7 Ways to Organize Your Kitchen

Welcome to the first edition of the Frugal Organizer. I am an organization freak, or so I've been told, so I hope some of the things I post here will help someone else become more organized, although not as crazy as me :-)


1. When putting groceries away in the pantry, put multiple items behind each other instead of next to, and stack cans of the same item on top of each other, this saves space and time when looking for things later.


2. Keep an inventory of things you have, which helps in planning meals later.


3. Update the inventory at least once a month. I use an application called My Pantry, available on the android market. Read more about it here.


4. Write out all the meals you can make with the items you currently have.  I keep mine on a dry erase board that is stuck on my refrigerator.


5.  Make a weekly menu (I'll post mine separately).


6.  Freeze leftovers for easy way to revisit a favorite meal.


7.  Prep and freeze any produce that will eventually be cooked.


More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment