Thursday, September 16, 2010

Borrowed from another organizing junkie!

Do you love it?

Do you use it?

Do you have the room to store it?

Those are some of the questions you need to ask about your stuff on a regular basis.  If the answer is no to any one of those questions then it's time to share that stuff with someone else or trash it.  Otherwise  it's just going to pile up in your home, you are going to trip over it, you aren't going to be able to find what you need, the pile is only going to continue to grow and you are going to get frustrated and overwhelmed when the weight of it becomes more than you can bearphysically and mentally.

Be on alertI'm on pile patrol.

source: Keith Williamson

My mission?  To eliminate piles everywhere and in the process create organizing junkies all around the world.  Yahoo!  I want you to take back your counter tops, your floors, your guest room beds, your dressers, your nightstands, your closets, your bookshelves and any other surface you can no longer see.   It's time!  Let's get excited about this.

Are you an organizing junkie wanna be?

About once a month I'd like to honor a deserving reader by presenting them with a special "I'm an Org Junkie too!" badge and perhaps a prize or two.  I want you at any time to email me with your before and after pictures.  I want you to be proud of your accomplishments and want to show them off.  I'll be particularly interested in stories of struggle and then triumph, of the organizational journey that led you to becoming addicted to all that living a life of simplicity and order has to offer.  These stories then become inspiration to others that are struggling and perhaps need to hear a success story or two to encourage them along on their own journeys. It's a beautiful organizational cycle you see :)

Note:  You don't need to have a blog to participate but please know that by sharing your pictures with me through email you are giving me permission to share them with others through my blog (although anonymously is fine).  Only one entry a month will be selected to be featured.

In other news:

Two weekends ago I offered up a last minute challenge to encourage some weekend purging.  Occasionally I will continue to do this.  Thanks to all of you lovely ladies who were purging machines and emailed me with your purge pile pictures.  I selected a winner at random and that person is reader Denise!  She did a great job!  Denise I'll be sending you your Peter Walsh DVD as soon as I get your address.  Thanks!

Do you want to be an Organizing Junkie too? is a post from: Im an Organizing Junkie

Plan to Eat ~ making menu planning easier
Dine Without Whine ~ a menu planning service designed for busy families
Frugal Mom's Guide to Once a Month Cooking

http://orgjunkie.com/2010/09/do-you-want-to-be-an-organizing-junkie-too.html

No comments:

Post a Comment